You are here
Learn to Row
Sunday, April 23 | 8:00am-11:00am
Are you a middle/high school athlete interested in trying a new sport? We're offering a three-hour Learn to Row session for high schoolers and middle schoolers only. All fitness levels and athletic backgrounds can learn to row. The rowing stroke will be demonstrated using rowing machines, and then you will row on the river with experienced athletes!
Registration will open on Monday, April 3rd at 8:00am here. Fee: $30
Summer Rowing Camps
Learn to Row Camp and Small Boat Camp information coming soon!
Rowing is a great sport for high schoolers for so many reasons:
- There are many scholarships available for high school rowers. In fact, with 20 scholarships available per school for women's rowing, rowing has more than any other sport - men's or women's - aside from football*.
- It's the ultimate team sport. Other traditional sports typically have star players, but not rowing. Everyone works together individually to come together as a team. It's a unique dynamic that not many other sports offer.
- Rowing is easy to learn. You do not need experience to start - or to succeed as a competitive rower.
- Crew is a total body aerobic activity. You'll get a top notch workout without the impact.
- There are opportunities to compete. Our rowers attend numerous competitions throughout the year, but there is no obligation to compete if you're not into that type of thing.
- Rowing is a perfect complement to other sports, whether you're looking for a cross-training activity or a way to keep in shape during the off-season.
Questions? Contact Danelle Stipes at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 319-384-1292