A sport club is a group of students, faculty, staff, and general public (80% of the members must be students) that voluntarily organize to participate in a particular sport activity. More specifically, sports clubs are formed so the participants in each sport club can learn new skills, improve existing skills, potentially engage in competition, and enjoy recreational and social fellowship. Other features of the Sport Club Program that make it unique are: self-motivation, self-administration, self-support, and self-regulation. All these factors form the basis for determining recognition, which must be granted by Recreational Services.
Non-student club members that use Recreational Services indoor facilities for practices need to have a Recreational Services Membership or pay the daily walk-in fee to attend their sports club's practice.
For more information on an Active Sports Club, click on the club's name below!
Active Sport Clubs
Sport Club information
Fall 2023 Sport Club Officer Training
Each active club's President, Vice President, Treasurer, and Travel Officer must attend one of the two training sessions for their officer position.
- President and Vice President Training
- Tuesday, August 22 - 6:00-7:00 p.m. - E220 Field House
- Wednesday, August 23 - 6:00-7:00 p.m. - E220 Field House
- Treasurer Training
- Tuesday, August 22 - 7:15-8:00 p.m. - E220 Field House
- Wednesday, August 23 - 7:15-8:00 p.m. - E220 Field House
- Travel Officer Training
- Tuesday, August 22 - 7:15-8:00 p.m. - 354 Field House
- Wednesday, August 23 - 7:15-8:00 p.m. - 354 Field House
Fall 2023 Sport Club Allocations Board Budget Hearings
Each club submitting a Budget Request Form will select a 15-minute hearing slot.
- Tuesday, September 5 - 5:00-10:00 p.m. - 201 Field House
- Wednesday, September 6 - 5:00-10:00 p.m. - 201 Field House
Fall 2023 Sport Club Advisory Council meetings
Each active club's President and/or Vice President must attend each Sport Club Advisory Council Meeting. The dates and times are:
- Wednesday, September 27, 2023 - 6:30-7:30 p.m. - E220 Field House
- Wednesday, October 25, 2023 - 6:30-7:30 p.m. - E220 Field House
- Wednesday, November 29 - 6:30-7:30 p.m. - E220 Field House
Table of Contents and Introduction.pdf
Section 1 - Policies and Procedures.pdf
Section 2 - Requirements & Expectations.pdf
Section 3 - Sport Club Program.pdf
Section 4 - Hazing and Liabilities_.pdf
Section 5 - Budget and Allocations.pdf
Section 6 - Non-Event/Non-Coach Expenses.pdf
Section 7 - Travel.pdf
Section 8 - Facility Reservations & Hosting an Event.pdf
Don't see the club you were looking for? Start a club today! More information can be found here.
If there is an injury during a club activity, complete this form to document what happened!
Need to cancel a reservation at a Recreational Services facility? Complete this form to let us know to avoid a fine!
Want us to post something on our social media? Submit a request here!