You can now register for your favorite Recreational Services classes, programs, and services on our website! Our online registration page includes fitness classes, swimming lessons, tennis lessons, youth camps, special events, and more.
- Students, faculty, and staff will use their HawkID and password to login to their account.
- Community members will create a new account.
Please keep in mind, some activities are available only to those with an active Recreational Services membership.
Frequently asked questions
If you are a UI student, faculty, or staff, you already have an account. Simply use your HawkID and password to log in on our online registration page.
If you are a community member, you can create an account here.
If you have issues or questions, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are a staff, faculty, or student, you already have an account - simply use your Hawk ID and password to log in.
If you have previously created an account as a Recreational Services community member or to register for programs (swim lessons, fitness classes, etc), you have an account.
An active membership is required in order to register for programs italicized. Memberships must be purchased in person prior to being able to register for those programs.
- Virtual Group Fitness Classes
- Fitness programs (Bootcamp, Olympic Lifting, Fitness Barre, Kettlebells, etc.)
- Hawkeye Community Rowing programs
- Tennis programs and lessons
- Swimming lessons
- Red Cross courses
Once you, as the parent, have created an account, you will then need to add your child as a dependent before you can sign them up for a program. To do this:
- Visit the online registration portal.
- Click "Log In" in the upper right-hand corner
- If you are a UI student, faculty, or staff member, select "U Iowa Login" and enter your HawkID and password.
- If you are a community member, select "Non-UIowa Login" and enter your username and password.
- Once you have logged in, click your HawkID/username in the upper right-hand corner and select 'Profile'.
- Scroll on the 'Profile' tab until you find a button that says "Add Family Member." Select that button.
- Enter your dependent's name, birthday, and gender.
Then find the program you would like to register your child for and ensure you select their name when registering.
The only activity you can cancel through the online registration portal is your virtual group fitness registration.
- Sign into your account in the upper right hand corner.
- Select your HawkID/username and then click "Profile."
- Select "Program Registrations" on the left side of the screen.
- Select the three dots listed next to the program offering. Select "Cancel Registration" for the registration you wish to cancel.
- You will be asked to confirm that you would like to cancel your registration, select "Yes, Cancel Registration."
For all other programs/activities that have a fee tied to them, you must complete a Refund Request Form. Refunds are not guaranteed.
Yes! Please visit any one of our facilities to register in person at the Member Services Desk.
The option to pay for activity registrations via UBill is not available through our online registration portal, but you may use this method when registering in person at a Member Services desk.
Yes! Download our app today to make registration faster and easier for you.