Join our Hawkeye family and work with Recreational Services. With a mission of providing diverse recreational experiences that encourage active lifestyles, our department promotes and coordinates campus-wide competitive and recreational activities that bring in over one million visits annually. Our scope includes state-of-the-art facilities and programs.
More information about current openings can be found in the sections below.
Full-time staff employment
Recreational Services works hard to serve our students, faculty/staff, affiliates, retirees, alumni, and community members. We strive to be the best and stand out as leaders in the field of collegiate recreation. Our team is evolving and we want you to join us!
All of our openings can be found on Jobs @ UIowa.
Our goal is to provide valuable career experience for UI students while fostering their development and improving their leadership skills.
Recreational Services hires UI students for the majority of our hourly positions, however, some program areas may hire non-students or students from other institutions. The same application process applies for all hourly positions. Hiring is done on a first-come, first-served basis.
Who can work part-time for the Department of Recreational Services?
- University of Iowa students registered for at least 1 semester hour (correspondence courses do not apply).
- Both Work Study and Non-Work Study students are eligible.
- During the academic year (AY) students may work up to 20 hours per week or 680 hours in an AY.
- During the summer, Thanksgiving, Winter, and Spring Break periods, UI students may work 40 hours per week. During the summer UI student registration is not required.
- Hours worked during Thanksgiving and Spring Break do count toward the 680 hours.
- Peak hiring periods are in March/April for the upcoming summer or fall semester and October/November for the spring semester.
Where do I apply for these positions?
- Complete our application. If the positions is not listed under active job postings, it is not currently open. (If you are not a UI student, create a profile here).
- The Division of Student Life Human Resources office will follow up with you upon receipt of your application and advise on next steps.
If you are a person with a disability who requires an accommodation in order to make application for employment, please contact Human Resources in advance, at 335-0121.
If you would like to see more information about the job duties of the position along with qualifications and training requirements for our part-time positions, visit the Division of Student Life webpage for more information.