Regardless of your age or fitness level, working with a personal trainer can have a positive effect on your life. When you sign up with one of our personal trainers, you can expect a custom plan created for you based on your goals and abilities. Our goal is to educate our clients on how to exercise safely, while also achieving results. We will provide education, guidance, and motivation along your fitness journey. We will also monitor your progress and help provide you with resources in hopes that you can be successful and confident in the gym even without a personal trainer.
Benefits of Physical Activity & Personal Training
- Improved self-esteem, mental health and mood
- Improved coordination, concentration and cognitive ability
- Improved cardiovascular fitness
- Increased muscle strength, endurance, and tone
- Reduction in blood pressure
- Reduction of clinical symptoms of anxiety, stress, tension, and depression
- Increased energy, stamina, and endurance
- Decreased total cholesterol
- Reduction in risk of heart disease
- Reduction in risk of multiple cancers, including breast, lung, colon and prostate
- Enhanced immune system
- Strengthened skeletal system
- Decreased body fat by building and preserving lean muscle mass
- Prevent low-back pain by improving flexibility, strength and posture
- Improved insulin sensitivity and blood sugar control
- Reduction in risk of type 2 diabetes and metabolic syndrome
- Reduction in risk of osteopenia and osteoporosis
- And, most importantly, Increased chances of living healthier for longer!
During your first meeting, you will consult with your trainer to discuss your current training status and help define your goals. We will also go through a 30-minute movement screen to assess your movement mechanics, strength, balance, posture, and more.
The Movement Screen
As part of your training package you will receive a movement screen and consultation before we begin your workouts. These will allow us to:
- Assess your ability to perform a squat and lunge, balance, shoulder mobility, strength, flexibility, and stability.
- The series of screens are non-stressful and straightforward on your body - they will help us understand how your body is moving and what imbalances need to be addressed.
- After collecting data and assessing your movement patterns, we will create a program specifically for you to correct and improve your movement patterns in order to reach your fitness goals.
You must be a Recreational Services Member to purchase and use personal training sessions. Complete our registration form to meet with a personal trainer.
- Payment must be made upfront.
- Services are non-refundable.
- It is important to note that your appointment is scheduled to help you achieve your goals. If you cancel with less than 12 hours before your scheduled appointment, you will be charged for your personal training session.
Prices effective as of July 1, 2021.
|Number of Sessions||UI Student Member||Recreational Services Member|
|Number of Sessions||UI Student Member*||Recreational Services Member*|
*Prices listed per person.
Partner Personal Training: Partner Training is one-on-two or one-on-three sessions with a personal trainer that offers individuals an opportunity to work out with a partner(s). Having another person holding you accountable will help you adhere to a program. You must sign-up with your partner(s). We do not provide partners.
Meet our Personal Trainers
Our Personal Trainers are nationally certified. Many also obtained a BS or MS in Kinesiology/Exercise Physiology and have demonstrated an acceptable level of knowledge before hiring.