Youth Climbing Team
The Youth Climbing Program exists to help young climbers learn and improve their climbing skills. The lessons and practices are designed to build confidence by focusing on problem-solving, communication, trust, and teamwork. Any children ages 7-14 and over 50 lbs. are welcome to participate in the 10-week program. Staff will guide young climbers in safety, technique, and fun while at the rock wall. Our goal is to foster a safe and positive climbing environment for all climbers.
Level 1 is designed for youth who are new or beginners in climbing.
Level 2 is designed for youth climbers who have already gone through Level 1 and are ready to challenge themselves further. If your child has not gone through Level 1, but you believe they are ready for Level 2 from previous climbing experience, you may register them for Level 2. If you are unsure of which program might be best for your child, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com for further inquiries.
- Level 1: 10:45 a.m. - 12:15 p.m.
- Level 2: 12:30 p.m. - 2 p.m.
Dates: Sundays, September 10th - November 12th
Group climbing rentals
The climbing wall is available to rent for unique social events, including birthday parties, social gatherings, or team development. For questions, please contact Raud Kashef.
|Number of Climbers||Rate|
|1 – 10 climbers||$200/Hour*|
|11 – 15 climbers||$250/Hour*|
|16 – 20 climbers||$300/Hour*|
*Groups larger then 20 should consider dividing the group up over two hours of climbing.
*Team development event pricing will vary based on the needs of the group.
- 12:00 p.m. to 2:00 p.m.
- 6:00 p.m. to 10:00 p.m.
- 12:00 p.m. to 2:00 p.m.
- 6:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m.
- 7:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m.
Climbing wall policies:
- Cancellations made prior to the end of the registration period will be honored.
- After the registration period ends no refunds will be given.
- There are no makeup lessons if a participant must miss a class due to their own scheduling conflicts.
- If a cancellation is needed due to extenuating circumstances, the participant will need to speak with the Adventure Recreation Coordinator immediately in order for a refund to be considered.
Personal climbing equipment is allowed at the climbing wall. All personal climbing equipment must be recorded during the orientation process and again at each daily sign-in. All climbers must complete the rules of conduct form and be responsible for the proper use and care of their equipment. No auto-locking belay devices are allowed at the CRWC climbing wall.
How to register online:
- If you are a community member, you can set up an account here. You can also set up an account by calling 335-9293 or by visiting the CRWC member services desk to create an account. Once that's done, you'll be good to go!
- If you already have a Hawk ID or have a community account, click here to go to our online registration portal.
- Head over to our Online Registration FAQ page to learn more about the process.
- Payment must be made at the time of registration online or at the membership desk.
- Forms of payment accepted: Cash, Check (made out to The University of Iowa), Credit Card, U-bill (Cash, Check, and U-bill are in-person only).
- If you have questions concerning the program or level placement, please contact the Adventure Recreation Coordinator at 319-335-9290.