You are here
Swim Lesson Program
It’s never too early (or late) to learn how to swim! We offer youth and adult swim lessons for all levels in a group or private setting. We have fall, spring, and summer sessions - two in the fall and spring, and one in the summer. Each session is six weeks and one class per week.
Spring 2017 Session 2
Registration for Spring 2017 Session 2 begins Wednesday, March 8th at 8:00 AM and ends Wednesday, March 22nd at 12:00 PM.
|Week 1||Week 2||Week 3||Week 4||Week 5||Week 6|
*No Swim Lessons Sunday, 4/16
Registering for Swim Lessons
As of March 2016, participants may register online or in-person at the CRWC. We are no longer accepting registrations over the phone.
How to register online:
- If you do not have a Hawk ID, you will need to set up an account by calling (319-335-9293) or stopping by the CRWC front desk. Once that's done, you'll be good to go!
- If you already have a Hawk ID, click here to go to our online registration portal.
- Head over to our Online Registration FAQ page to learn more about the process.
If you have questions concerning the program or level placement, please contact the Assistant Director for Aquatics at (319) 384-3439.
- Parents of children under the age of 14 must remain in the designated pool area where their child’s lesson is taking place in order to be available to attend to their child in the case of an emergency or to accompany them to the restrooms.
- Individuals attending to children participating in the Learn-To-Swim Program must be members of Recreational Services in order to use the CRWC. Those found in violation are subject to expulsion from the Learn-To-Swim Program
Swim Suit Policy
Appropriate swimwear is required at all times in all Recreational Services aquatic facilities.
- Standard swimwear:
- Swim trunks, bathing suits, competitive suits, body suits, rash guards and scuba suits.
- Appropriate coverage:
- Females: covering breasts, buttocks, genitals and pubic regions.
- Males: covering buttocks, genitals, and pubic regions
- All swimwear must be dual lined material with inner liner.
- Items that are not considered swimwear:
- Compression shorts, sports bras, Under Armour, athletic shorts, thongs, cotton clothing, cut-off jeans or shorts.
- Inappropriate coverage of body parts as deemed so by our aquatic staff.
- Worn out materials/transparent materials.
For infants and children
- Infants and children that are not toilet trained must wear swim diapers.
- Infants and children in swim diapers must have a swimsuit over the diaper at all times.
Classes require at least 3 participants; cancellations made prior to the end of the registration period will be honored. After the registration period ends no refunds will be given. If a cancellation is needed due to extenuating circumstances, the participant will need to speak with the Assistant Director of Aquatics immediately in order for a refund to be considered.
There are no makeup lessons if a participant must miss a class due to their own scheduling conflicts.
Payment must be made at the time of registration online or at the membership desk. Forms of payment accepted: Check (made out to The University of Iowa), Credit Card, U-bill (U-bill is in-person only).
All swim lessons will take place at the Campus Recreation & Wellness Center located at: 309 S. Madison St, Iowa City, IA 52242