The StrongHawk competition is the first of its kind held at the University of Iowa! This is a strongman/strongwoman competition that will require strength, power, toughness, and extreme grit to finish. Competitors will be competing in five different events over the span of the event. Participants must be 18 years of age or older to compete.
StrongHawk Competition - Coming Spring 2023.
We know you are excited to participate in Stronghawk. More details coming soon..
Equipment access is FREE to participate in.
Indoor StrongHawk Equipment Access | Campus Recreation & Wellness Center, 1st Floor East Platforms.
Specific times coming soon..
105.01 lbs - 135.00 lbs
135.01 lbs - 165.00 lbs
165.01 lbs - 195.00 lbs
- -150 lbs
- 150.01 lbs - 175.00 lbs
- 175.01 lbs - 200.00 lbs
- 200.01 lbs - 225.00 lbs
- 225.01+ lbs
- Deadlift for Reps: Athlete will deadlift a predetermined weight for maximal repetitions with a time limit of one minute.
Men: 225, 275, 315, 375, 405
Women: 135, 150, 175, 200, 225
- Log Press: Athlete will perform as many repetitions as possible on a log press in one minute. All reps begin from the ground and finish overhead.
- Men: 85 lbs, 115 lbs, 155 lbs, 175 lbs, 205 lbs
- Women: 65 lbs, 75 lbs, 85 lbs, 95 lbs, 105 lbs
- Husafell Carry: Athlete will carry a husafell stone and attempt to travel the furthest distance.
- Men: 135lbs, 155 lbs, 180lbs , 200 lbs, 225 lbs
- Women: 110 lbs, 125 lbs, 140 lbs, 155 lbs, 170 lbs
- Atlas Stones: Athletes will load a single stone over a bar positioned at an appropriate height ascending in weight stones.
Men: 105, 105, 150, 150, 230
Women: 90, 90, 105, 105, 150
- Tug of War: Athletes will compete against one another in classic tug of war. Bracket style.
Events for the 2023 Competition are subject to change.