The Recreational Services Member Misconduct Appeal Process provides a process for review of sanctions issued by Recreational Services regarding violations of Recreational Services and University policies by an individual using or participating in Recreational Services facilities or programs by Division of Student Life administration. The decision rendered by Division of Student Life administration results in the final institutional action on the matter.
The Recreational Services Member Misconduct Appeal Process governs the appeal of sanctions imposed by Recreational Services on an individual affecting their ability to access or participate in UI Recreational Services facilities or programs.
Request for Appeal
Appeals must be submitted through the Member Misconduct Appeal form.
- Appeals must be made within ten (10) University business days of the member/participant receiving notification of the sanction decision.
- Sanction(s) issued by Recreational Services will remain in effect during the appeal process.
Grounds for Appeal
The appealing party must support the request for appeal by addressing one or more of the following grounds:
- A procedural error occurred that significantly affected the outcome of the hearing.
- New evidence, not available at the time of investigation/review, requires reconsideration.
- The sanctions imposed are unreasonably harsh considering the circumstances.
- Individual completes and submits the appeal form within ten (10) University business days of receiving notification of the sanction(s)
- Appeal and violation information is transmitted to the Associate Vice President for Student Life for decision.
- The Associate Vice President for Student Life may consult with Recreational Services staff for clarification regarding materials.
- The Associate Vice President for Student Life will issue a decisions within ten (10) University business days of receipt of the appeal.
On appeal, the decision may be upheld, reversed, require further investigation or meeting, or modified as deemed appropriate. In the event the Associate Vice President for Student Life elects to modify the sanction(s), they will consult with the Director of Recreational Services. A decision letter will be provided to the appellant and state the final institutional action on the matter.