You are here
Hawkeye Tennis & Recreation Complex
The HTRC houses eight indoor and twelve outdoor tennis courts, 2,500 square feet of fitness space, two Indoor Turf Fields, and the Outdoor Rental Center. The outdoor courts are named the Klotz Tennis courts, named after former Men’s Tennis Coach, Don Klotz. The HTRC is also the home of the University of Iowa Women’s and Men’s Tennis teams.
The facility is located at 2820 Prairie Meadow Dr. in Iowa City, just west of the Hawkeye Hall of Fame. Metered parking is available at the facility. Click on the pdfs to see the HTRC 2016-2017 hours:
|30 Minute Rate||Hour Rate||30 Series Sale
(30 Minute Increments)
Guest Court Fee
All members and non-members playing indoor tennis with a non-member, will have a $3 Guest Court Fee added to the reservation fee per non-member, per hour of play.
- Via Phone: Credit card (Master Card or Visa), UBill or Series Sale (electronic punch card)
- In Person: Cash, check, credit card (Master Card or Visa), UBill or Series Sale.
- Phone 384-1215 or stop in person to the HTRC to make a reservation.
- Members are able to reserve a court up to 7 days in advance. Payment must be made at time of reservation.
- Non-members are able to reserve a court up to 3 days in advance. Payment must be made at time of reservation.
- A tennis court reservation may be made for 30, 60, 90, or 120 minutes per day. One person is able to reserve a total of 120 court minutes at one time. For example, a person can reserve one court for 120 minutes or two courts for 60 minutes.
- Play begins on the hour or half hour. Play starts at 5:30 a.m. Monday through Friday and 8:00 a.m. on Saturday and Sunday. The courts will be open until 11:30 p.m. through March 11th, 2016. Starting March 12th, 2016, courts will be open until 10:30 p.m.
- All non-members playing indoor tennis must pay a Guest Court Usage Fee. The cost of the Guest Court Usage Fee is $1.50 per 30 minutes of play. For example, two non-members playing doubles with two members for 90 minutes must each pay $4.50.
- All members and non-members must check-in at the HTRC front desk prior to play.
Cancellations and No Shows
- Indoor court reservations must be canceled the day prior to the court reservation. If the reservation is cancelled the day before the reservation, the patron reserving the court will have the amount of court time added to their account.
- If the reservation is canceled less than 24 hours in advance, or the patron does not show for their indoor court reservation, a refund will not be given.
|Name||Job Title||Phone Number|
|Brian Alden||Assistant Tennis Professionalemail@example.com|
|Michele Conlon||Assistant Director, Tennisfirstname.lastname@example.org||319-335-9307|
|Fred Pedersen||Assistant Tennis Professionalemail@example.com|
|Brigham Phillips||Assistant Director, Facility Operationsfirstname.lastname@example.org||319-335-5835|
|Caleb Recker||Associate Director, Facility Operationsemail@example.com||319-335-8029|
|Calvin Song||Assistant Tennis Professionalfirstname.lastname@example.org|