You are here
- Depth: 7ft-9ft
- Pool Temp: 79-81 Degrees F
- Open Rec. Format: Lap Swim Only
- Configuration Schedule:
- August-March: 25 yard (Short Course) Configuration
- April-August: 50 meter (Long Course) Configuration
The above are general timelines for the competitive pool configuration. There may be instances within either period of time where the pool is setup in the opposite or another configuration based on the pool programming or special event schedule.
Natatorium Pool Rules
- A Recreational Services lifeguard must be present before entering the water.
- If you are planning to bring a group of 20 or more, you must contact the Aquatics department at 319-384-3439 at least two weeks prior.
- Emergency Signal—3 whistle blasts. Exit the pool immediately.
- Proficient swimming ability is required. Flotation devices may be used only during supervised instructional classes or with consent of the aquatic director.
- No swimming or reaching beneath the moveable bulkheads.
- No diving in the shallow end of the swimming pool and in other areas where it is marked “NO DIVING”.
- Use of starting platforms is limited to approved user groups.
- No horseplay in or around the swimming pool.
- No running on the deck.
- Activity deemed unsafe by the lifeguard will be prohibited.
- Do not enter the pool if you have a communicable disease or an open wound.
- Shower before entering the pool and after use of restroom facilities.
- Proper swimwear is required.
- Glass containers are prohibited in the pool area.
- Do not bring food, drink, gum, alcohol, or tobacco products into the pool.
Swim Suit Policy
Appropriate swimwear is required at all times in all Recreational Services aquatic facilities.
- Standard swimwear:
- Swim trunks, bathing suits, competitive suits, body suits, rash guards and scuba suits.
- Appropriate coverage:
- Females: covering breasts, buttocks, genitals and pubic regions.
- Males: covering buttocks, genitals, and pubic regions.
- All swimwear must be dual lined material with inner liner.
- Items that are not considered swimwear:
- Compression shorts, sports bras, Under Armour, athletic shorts, thongs, cotton clothing, cut-off jeans or shorts.
- Inappropriate coverage of body parts as deemed so by our aquatic staff.
- Worn out materials/transparent materials.
For infants and children:
- Infants and children that are not toilet trained must wear swim diapers.
- Infants and children in swim diapers must have a swimsuit over the diaper at all times.