You are here
Intramural Climbing Competition
2017 Intramural Climbing Competition - Friday Night Series
Climbing Links: Rules
Registration and Event Information
Registration Period: September 29 from 6:30-10:00 PM on-site at the Campus Recreation and Wellness Center Climbing Wall.
Event Date: Friday, September 29 from 7:00-10:00 PM
Event Format: Each participant will climb as many times as he/she wants to accumulate points. The individual participant with the highest score in each division will be declared the winner. Men’s and Women’s Beginner, Intermediate, and Advanced divisions will be offered.
- Beginner Division: Little to no climbing experience
- Intermediate Division: Frequent climber; up to a couple years of experience
- Advanced Division: Regular climber; several years of experience
Intramural Climbing is taking place during the Outdoor Nation Campus Challenge. Log your points for Outdoor Nation while you compete against fellow students for points in the Intramural Climbing event. Prizes will be available throughout the night and the winner of each division will receive an Intramural Championship T-shirt!
- Before the event all participants must present a valid University of Iowa photo ID.
- Equipment will be checked out at the Climbing Wall by Recreational Services staff.
- The Intramural Sports Program, in partnership with the Outdoor Program, sponsors this event. Being a special event, an Intramural Membership is not required to participate, and the event is open to those that may not otherwise be eligible to participate in Intramural Sports. For details on normal Intramural Sports eligibility rules, please see the Intramural Sports Rules and Regulations.
- If interested in participating in any other Intramural Sports leagues or events, a UI Student, Faculty, Staff or Affiliate must purchase an Intramural Sports Membership. This $20.00 per semester membership allows you to participate in almost any Intramural sport or event that semester. There is no cost to register a team, but team members must purchase the Intramural Sports Membership before joining or creating a team. Information on how to purchase a membership can be found here.
- Climbing Wall and Intramural Sports staff will keep track of participants’ scores for this event. The participant with the highest score in each division and an Intramural Membership will be declared the winner. Results will be posted on IMLeagues.com following the event.
- Each competing organization is allowed only two entries to accumulate points in the Intramural Sports Points Championship sponsored by Coach's Corner, but there is no maximum on the number of individuals that can register for that organization. If more than two individuals per organization are entered, the top two finishing individuals will be counted for points. Individuals must designate their team affiliation before the event begins.