You are here
NIRSA Regional Flag Football Championships
- Early Deadline: Thursday, October 13
- Deadline: Thursday, October 20
- $275 for teams that register by October 13
- $300 for teams that register by October 20
- Each team must complete a Regional Entry Form, Player Certification Form, and Code of Conduct Form to register. Additionally, each player must sign their own NIRSA Waiver and provide the name of their insurance company and policy number on that form. For payment, teams can include their credit card number on the Regional Entry Form or mail a check payable to The University of Iowa to Att. Mike Valentine, E216 Field House, Iowa City, IA 52240. The registration forms can be mailed to this same address or faxed to 319-384-4492. These registration forms must be completed by the respective deadline (early October 13 and final deadline October 20). The links to the registration forms can be found below:
Each team will receive a minimum of two pool play games. Teams will advance to a single elimination tournament. Team performance during pool play will determine seeding in the playoffs bracket.
The winning team from each division will receive paid entry to the National Flag Football Championships in Pensacola, Florida January 6 - 8, 2017.
The Heartland Inn will serve as the host hotel for the tournament. The room rate is $79.00 per night if you book your room before Saturday, October 15. Hotel features include complimentary breakfast, free wireless internet, and clean beds every day. To book your room(s) call 319-351-8132 and tell them you’re with Iowa Recreational Services to receive the discounted rate.
More information coming soon.
Tournament officials can apply by following this link. Schools that bring teams will have priority when it comes to their officials being selected. Officials will get paid $10.00 per game. All officials must attend the mandatory Officials Clinic on Friday, October 28 from 5 - 8 PM at the Hawkeye Tennis and Recreation Complex.
2016 Champions - UNIted from the University of Northern Iowa