You are here
Macbride Nature Recreation Area
MNRA is a 485-acre peninsula leased by the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers to the University of Iowa since 1969. UI Recreational Services has managed the property since 1984. There are several hiking and cross-country skiing trails totaling ten kilometers. MNRA is also the home of the Environmental Education Programs: School of the Wild, Wildlife Camps, and Macbride Raptor Project. MNRA is located 15 miles north of Iowa City on Mehaffey Bridge Road, near Solon, Iowa. Some parking is available near the Social Center. There is also a main parking lot near the individual camp sites.
April 1 - October 31 6:00am - 9:00pm
November 1 - March 31 9:00am - 6:00pm
Campsite & Facility Reservations
Reservations can only be made online or in person at the Field House. Click here to make an online reservation. You must have an online account to make a reservation. If you do not have an account, here's what you need to know:
- If you are a staff, faculty, or student, you already have an account - just use your Hawk ID and password.
- If you've already created an account as a member of Rec Services or for other programs (swim lessons, fitness classes, etc), you are all ready to make a reservation!
- If you do not have an account, please call 319-335-9847 or stop by the Field House membership desk to set up an account. This is our first time with online reservations and we appreciate your patience and flexibility through the transition!
Reservations must be made by noon on Thursday for Friday, Saturday, and Sunday evening. The list of of advanced reservations is posted daily at the main parking lot at the MNRA. Sites NOT reserved are available on a first come, first serve basis by completing the reservation agreement (does not include Bluestem Campsite and Social Center)
How to make a reservation online:
- Log in to your account if you're not already.
- Click "Register" in the menu across the top of connect.recserv.uiowa.edu.
- Under "Program Categories" along the left-hand side, click "MNRA Camping."
- Select which site you'd like to make a reservation at, and be sure to find the correct day you'd like to make a reservation on.
- Select "Next: Add to Cart"
- Sign and accept waiver to continue registration.
- Complete the questions about your visit with us.
- If you are making a reservation for more than one day, click "Continue Shopping" (you'll have to add each day individually) or if you're done, select "Check Out"
- Enter payment information and you're done!
|Fox Campsites (individual)||$10|
|Wolf Campsites (group)||$20|
Shelters and Facilities
|Eagle Point & Triangle Picnic Areas||$15|