The Recreational Services Student Leadership Committee is to function as a means to sustain communication between professional and student staff and develop communication between functional areas within the department.
Members of the Recreational Services Student Leadership Committee:
- Are encouraged to hold positions on the Recreational Services Advisory Committee
- Will assist in the hiring process of new student staff
- Recruit applicants
- Assist with informational meetings
- Conduct first round interviews and give recommendations to professional staff
- Plan and execute social functions open to all department staff members
- Holiday party
- End of year thank you event
- Other social events
- Act as a mechanism for users of Recreational Services programs and facilities to voice praise and concerns
- Provide suggestions about improving departmental policies, procedures and operations
- Present input and feedback from student employees
- Assist with staff training as requested by professional staff
- Area specific training
- All staff training/orientation
Committee members are expected to function as leaders within their work area and throughout the department. They will model good attitude, hard work ethics and respect for others. They will show an understanding of and follow department policies and procedures. As a leader within the department they will hold others accountable when they are not meeting the expectations of the department or following department policies and procedures. If a member of the Student Leadership Committee is not meeting their expectations they will be asked to step down from the committee.
The committee will be made up of 10 students and one full-time professional staff member. Students from all program areas and facilities are encouraged to apply.
All Recreational Services employees are eligible to apply for a position on the committee.
Students wishing to be members of the committee will complete an application and interview. The professional staff is encouraged to recommend students as emerging leaders with a strong dedication toward advancing the department to be a part of the committee. Successful applicants will be selected by the professional staff overseeing the Student Advisory Committee.
The committee will meet on a weekly basis on Tuesday at 1:00 PM. Special meetings maybe scheduled in addition to regularly scheduled meetings.
- Brad Bleeker – CRWC Supervisor, President
- Clay Sammis – CRWC Supervisor, Vice President
- Ray Payne – CRWC Supervisor, Secretary
- Nick Saboe – Recreation Building Supervisor, Event Planner
- Taylor Boland – Field House Supervisor, Finance Chair
- AJ Hawrylicz – Field House Supervisor, Advertising Chair
- Jimmy Altosino – Field House Supervisor
- Jake Bourgeios – CRWC Membership Services
- Anthony DiFiglio – Personal Trainer/Group Exercise Instructor
- Mike Hulting – Field House Supervisor